Monday, September 08, 2008

First Day of Preschool

When I think of myself, I truly picture ME as an 18 yr old just enjoying life with lots of adult things going on. Today was a sad day. I was woken this morning by Montana, stretching & yawning then saying, "the suns up lets go to preschool"!! I am definitely NOT 18 anymore. I am 27, I have a wonderful husband, two beautiful girls, a dog I prefer not to have & a mortgage!! Life is very real, life is going on around me & I need to keep up.

I need to stop cleaning my house & play with my girls. I need to read them more books. I need to not compare myself to others & their talents...I will have time to get better at mine in a few years when my girls don't want to be with my anymore. I need to start all this tomorrow!

And I WILL!! YEA!! I am so glad for realizing that there are TOMORROW'S & not having to lay in bed tonight feeling guilty for everything I missed doing TODAY.

So Today, we started Preschool. Tana choose a cute outfit, let me curl her hair, danced with me & then played playdough till it was time to go. She had a lot of fun! She was very happy & tired coming home. This will be so great for her, 'Bee-Happy preschool' will be exactly that!

10 comments:

Mhanson said...

I love this post. I feel exactly the same way. 28 in not too long and I still feel 18 except a few things have changed. When your in your sweats cooking dinner, breaking up fights and stretching your patience it's hard not to feel old until you turn the music up in your car and sing as loud as you can or dance crazy in your livingroom with your kids and hot husband. Life is good. Miss you Jacquie.
d

Lindsay Cranmer said...

Montana looks so cute and grown up! I wouldn't worry about being old until she's in kindergarden, that will buy you a little more time!
You are so inspiring to me! If I ever find myself slipping back into feeling the pressures of being perfect I'll let you know so you can give me a kick in the pants!

Sanderson Family said...

Tana looked so cute on her first day of Preschool ! They are growing up way to fast !!!!
Miss you guys !

H and E said...

That is so exciting! I can't even imagine how hard it is to see you oldest go off to school, but rewarding at hte same time I am sure! You are such a great mom!

BarbaraJo said...

I feel the same way you do...about being or feeling like you are 18! It kills me to drop Tori off at school every morning. We are supposed to just be "playing" house!!!

Alysha Sladek said...

your girls are adorable. and i have to agree... i still feel like i'm 18! i guess that's a good thing right? i can't believe she started preschool. that's crazy to me!

Stacey said...

I'm so glad you had your camera! Thanks for the pictures they so cute with their little name stars. Loved your post, about being content. We are so blessed, sometimes can't hardly believe it. :) see you friday.

Laura said...

Hey! Montana and Colleen are getting so big! Hayden has been in school since March so I totally know what you mean! Everything is going well here in AZ for us. We miss you guys! Are you coming down anytime soon? Love Laura

Brandon and Brittani Romney said...

You have such a beautiful family and I agree, I can't believe we're so old now! I am a little slow but finally started a blog so I can keep up w/ what's going on! Hope to hear back! Brittani

MEG said...

I totally feel the same way, except I often forget that there is always tommorrow and lay in bed not sleeping feeling bad that my house is clean and my children probbably don't think I am fun! So thanx for your little post! Montana is adorable, I love her little pink tights, so stylish!!

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates