Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Details on Colleen

Hello everyone! I am starting to feel human again! I had Colleen Korella at 2:10 pm saturday, April 7,2007. She was born in the Foothills Hospital. I have to say that I had great nurses & doctors who did their very best to help me out...although, I just don't birth babies well!!! Yes, another tragic delivery! I tried to push for 2 hours, the doctor finally constented to let me have a C-section, then they took out the epidural feed and got Travis & I ready for the surgery. Meanwhile, another lady snuck in the OR before me and I had to endure another hour & a half of waiting with intense contractions & NO EPIDURAL!!!!!!!! When they finally inserted the line in my back I was wheeled into the operating room where they got me "prepped" & we waited for the doctors & anathesiologist(spelling??). I could feel the first couple pokes, so I received tons of other numbing medication & the doctor went to work butchering away!!!
Colleen was pulled out of me within 4 minutes, I was sewn up in another 10 minutes....11 days later I still feel like I was gutted open!!
So you must be wondering why I didn't name her Lydia Michelle. As the nurse showed her to me I just felt sick, she did not look like a Lydia! I proceeded to pass out for the next 4 hours and had many dreams about a baby Colleen. I have the most wonderful Aunt named Colleen and my best friend growing up in Boston was also named Colleen. Therefore, my potentially last daughter must be named after these two wonderful people. I love all three of my Colleens!!!
I am starting to feel better. I have to thank my wonderful in-laws, Lyn & Glenda, my mother and my wonderful friends in and out of our ward who have brought lovely meals, gifts, flowers & watching Montana. thank you. All of the support means so much to us.

3 comments:

houseofhud said...

Wow Jacquie...thanks for the update. Sorry to hear that things didn't go very well. At least it is over and look what you have to show for it!!! We need to come by and see her. I have a gift for baby Colleen.

Amber Wigg said...

Sorry to hear you had to go through all that. I'm glad you have so much support. Your baby is beautiful.

Alysha Sladek said...

I'm so sorry things didn't go well this time 'round. She's a beautiful baby!!! I hope you get better quickly!!!!!!!!! She really is precious! Makes me want another one :)

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates